• Always preheat oven to 180 degrees for accuracy in cooking
• Lining tins and trays with baking paper makes for easy non
stick, no mess trays and tins. Just slide the baked cookies along
with paper off the tray onto a cooling rack.
• Bake one tray at a time using middle oven rack.
• Cool baking trays between batches; cookie dough placed on
hot trays will spread.
• If cookies have cooled too long on the tray and have become
difficult to remove, reheat the tray in the oven for one minute,
and then remove the cookies.
• Food colouring can be added to softened cookie dough. Add
the desired amount of food colouring to the dough; work it into
the dough until the colour is well blended. Reshape the dough into
a log again before cutting. Wrap it tightly in plastic; refrigerate
it until firm, about 3 hours.
• Extra ingredients can be added to the cookie dough by breaking
up the cookie dough in a large bowl. Add the desired ingredients
and mix well. Discard cookie dough that has been unrefrigerated
for more than two hours.
• For best quality, use the cookie dough before the “use-by”
date on the package.
• Once opened, refrigerated cookie dough should be used within
A lot of fun is mixed into every chub of Aunty Kath’s Cooke
Dough - the possibilities for delicious make at home snacks are
endless! Just add your own touch of creativity.
Here are some easy suggestions to start you off.
For surprise cookies - Pop extra white or brown chocolate buttons
between 2 very thin slices of dough before cooking as directed.
The cookies will have a fabulous chocolaty surprise in them.
mini tasters - Slice the dough into rounds and then chop into 1/4s.
Ensure there’s space between each chunk and bake for about
8 minutes. Now you have lots of mini cookies.
cookies and cream icecream on a hot summer’s night- Bake cookies,
let cool and then crumble through vanilla icecream. DELICIOUS!
marshmallow cookie sandwiches – Pop a marshmallow on top of
a cooked cookie, microwave for 10 seconds then top with another
cookie. Even more DELICIOUS!
a monster cookie – press the dough evenly across a pizza tray
before cooking – perfect for a big sleepover party.